SAMPLE AUDIO LECTURES
Courses taught by Dr. Chiquita Howard-Bostic combine lectures, on-line discussion, writing assignments, and interaction-based activities. The primary focus of these teaching components is to provide an educational foundation that allows her students to heightening their knowledge. She promotes team spirit, collaborative learning, and multifaceted connections of course material to real-life experience. These teaching components incorporate ‘learning-centered’ activities that share a focus on student mastery of a range of professional skills.
- Lecture 1: What is Sociology?
- Lecture 2: Sociological Imagination
- Lecture 3: Social Theorists
- Lecture 4: Levels of Analyses
- Lecture 5: Paradigms from a Criminological Perspective
- Lecture 6: Structural Functionalism, Conflict Theory, and Symbolic Interactionism
- Lecture 7: Criminology
- Lecture 8: Symbols and Meaning
- Lecture 9: Review Session for Lesson 1